Cold drink for a hot day

It is very hot right now in St Thomas, which is a perfect pretext to make an ice-cold lemonade. It is always a great success with charter guests, especially with kids.

During our last charter, the two children we had on board asked for it almost every day, and told me that my homemade lemonade tasted much better than the one they bought at home. Since I myself as a child told my grandmother that her lovingly hand-mashed potatoes didn't taste as good as the instant mash that comes in a box, I knew I should take that comment as the highest compliment.


The good news is it is extremely easy to make. All you need is 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice and 1/2 cup sugar syrup. Pour them into a 1L bottle and fill up with water. Shake and leave to chill in the fridge for a few hours. For the perfect drink, serve over ice and top up with some San Pellegrino water. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Transatlantic Adventure

The perfect finish

Big boat watching at the St Barths Bucket