Booby on the bow!

Some of you might be disappointed by the content of this post: it is not related to a potential nudist charter but to the brown-footed booby who decided our bow was the perfect spot to rest, clean up his feathers and enjoy the scenery.

Anchored in Caneel Bay, St John

As I was walking on deck to prepare the boat to leave the anchorage, I suddenly realized we had an extra crew member on board. I rushed inside to grab my camera, worried that he would fly away. Yet Booby the Birdy was not impressed at all when I came so close to him I could have extended my arm and touched his feathery back - I chose no to do so however, have you seen the size of that beak?!

He finally left us as I loudly informed Bill that our new friend had redecorated the forward deck, the stainless as well as the genoa furler! Booby probably felt he was in trouble...

After two weeks of cruising the Virgin Islands, Tilly Mint is now back in St Thomas, where we will stay until our next charter next week in St Martin. Stay tuned for our next exciting adventure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Transatlantic Adventure

The perfect finish

Big boat watching at the St Barths Bucket