Relaxing in St Martin

With the end of the season almost here, we are taking some time to take care of the boat and to take care of ourselves. On Saturday I spent a perfect afternoon relaxing at the Spa of the Radisson Blu Hotel in Anse Marcel, on the French side of St Martin - with of course the sole purpose of testing it to be able to recommand it to our guests next season!

In case you have ever wondered what heavenly bliss feels like, I can tell you it starts with walking through the peaceful gardens of the hotel, catching a glimpse of the swimming pool on my way to the Spa. Next step is changing into a fluffy bathrobe and sipping on a cold lemon juice while waiting for my appointment. Then comes the highlight of the day: the Coconut Dream body wrap - a warm, thick coconut paste is spread all over the body and left to rest wrapped in plastic for an hour, while my face is being treated to a long, relaxing massage involving hot stones. I seriously had to make an effort not to eat the coconut paste, and rinsed it off in the shower instead. My skin felt softer than ever and perfectly hydrated, but it was not over yet. A full body massage with shea butter followed, and I have to confess it took me a while to get up after those 50 minutes.

Unfortunately all good things have an end and I had to go back to the real world - in my case a picture-perfect sandy beach lined by coconut and turquoise water, so I guess I cannot complain too much... If any of our guests next year feels like being pampered for an afternoon, I know where to send them!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Transatlantic Adventure

The perfect finish

Big boat watching at the St Barths Bucket